Monday, February 27, 2012

Wingspan and knitting

The Wingspan is a great pattern.  I found it on Ravelry and the pattern itself is free. To make it, you work short rows and the design is such that each row is shorter than the previous row. That is, of course, to the end of the triangle you are working on.  Then you cast on some stitches and start all over. Truly a fun knit, and fairly easy if you follow her directions and use stitch markers!

I used a self-striping yarn, so I didn't have to change colors to make the stripes. The yarn did that for me. The yarn that I used is call Poems and I used the worsted weight size with 10.5 US needles.


I made mine a little bit longer than the pattern called for, because I wanted the ability to wrap it around my neck.


For Valentine's Day, I knitted our new little grandson a red teddy bear. I put a bright lime green scarf on the teddy bear to liven him up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment