Saturday, May 19, 2012

I NEED chocolate! :)

Did you ever have one of these days? You wake up(Ha, should've known better), determined that it will be a good day, and you have 20 things to do?  Well, do you ever make it? OR does it go bust?  :)  My day today went bust.  :)
I just wish someone had been here to film this, cause I imagine it was pretty funny. Although, I wasn't laughing at the time.

As I was getting my ingredients out to make my blender cheesecake recipe, I was thinking that I should share this with you on my blog.  Yep, the cheesecake is sooo easy that everyone could make this. Until.......

So, here's the scene. I have all of my ingredients out, screw the base on my 38 + year old blender.(yep, wedding present) and put the first four ingredients in there and whirr it. Good, everything is fine, no problems. So, I cut up all of the softened cream cheese into tiny pieces, put them in there and turn it back on. OK, still working everything is OK and I turn my back to set the timer and WHOOSH!!!  The top pops off and as I turn around the glass pitcher goes flying off and lands on the floor!  Oh, and if that wasn't enough, the blades are still whirring at top speed, spitting milk, eggs, sugar, cream cheese all over the counter, cabinets, and floor! Ohhhhhhhhh, there went my day........

To make matters worse, The House in the Woods, is a fixer upper. The previous family put indoor/outdoor carpeting in the kitchen......... Not being MY priority, it is still there. How in the world am I going to get that mess out of the carpet?

I picked up the errant blender and placed it in the sink. Rolled up the throw rug and put that in the sink. Then found the dust pan and a small cutting board, for the firm straight edge, and tried my best at scraping this mess up. Then I scrubbed the carpet.  Oh, and I had to get if off the cabinets and off the counters, but those were easy in comparison. :)


I started to rinse off the blender and then said, NOPE. Off you go. I am not taking another chance with you. Everything was hooked up correctly and you blew your top.  Into the trash it went. Truthfully, I was a little upset in throwing it away.  It was like a friend.  I mean I used it for 38+ years.  I know the color isn't vogue, but it was my friend........

With that, I thought, crumb, now I need a new blender. ug.   AND just as quick I remembered, NO, I have a Ninja. :) Out the Ninja came and I made this chocolate pie on the other side of the recipe card. The directions say to put sweetened whip cream on top. I don't have that. After all I was supposed to be serving cheese cake.  But, I have ice cream!!  Ha!

So, today, instead of the easy cheesecake recipe, here is an easy brownie pie recipe.  :)


Impossible Chocolate Cream Pie
(it makes its own crust!)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 squares(1 ounce each) melted unsweetened chocolate(cooled)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup biscuit mix(calls for Bisquick, but I use Pioneer Baking Mix)

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 inch pie plate. Place all ingredients in blender container. Cover and blend on high 1 minute. Pour into pie plate. Bake until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center, about 30 minutes. Cool completely. Serve with sweetened whipped cream.

And yes, knitting is still happening!  I have joined a Knit ALong(KAL) with Jane Thornley. Jane is a knitting designer who thinks outside the box and doesn't follow a lot of traditional knitting rules.

I am working on a shawl. The upside down card is my color inspiration and the yarns are what I am using. All of my yarns are made by me.  One is an old silk garment, dyed and cut into strips.  The rest is handspun yarn. Some yarns are wool, some cotton and the off white one is mohair.


Oh, and I decided after having scrubbed the carpet and stepping on it and it feeling slimey(eeeew!) that I needed to steam the carpet. So, I took out the carpet steamer and have that portion of the kitchen carpet steam cleaned.

3 comments:

  1. Think I had the brother to your blender. It committed suicide several months ago - fell out of the cabinet on to the tile floor. Into the trash it went!

    Sounds like you really had a bad time with yours.

    At least now you hav chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my Ninja out today, too!!!! Made baby food for the 1st time! I had so much fun... Not as much "fun" as you, tho hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Joanne, I feel your pain! LOL ~ and I'm laughing with you ;)

    ReplyDelete