Sunday, February 5, 2017

Happenings and Knitting

Hello February and hello 2017!
We have had an eventful end to 2016 and I am still catching up! Maybe that is how life will be for a while, playing catch up.  But, I am catching up and that is a good thing, I  think.....

First off, last summer we decided to down size our home and move closer to work. So, we listed our house in the woods and it sold quickly. Then, we went on a hunt for a new home.  Wow! Talk about an emotional roller coaster..... There is a housing shortage in north Texas, so it was difficult to actually get a house.  We found plenty of houses, and we put in many offers on different homes, but there were usually at least 5 offers on the same house. The sellers don't take the first offer in this current market, but look at the offers and then decide which one they like the most. Great for the seller, but not so easy on the buyer. Our realtor actually told us to get prepared to make offers on more than one house at a time! We didn't actually have to do that, because we finally "won" this house. :)

We actually lost this house twice, before our offer was accepted! We love our new home and Jeff's commute is so short, that he calls to tell me he is on his way home and as I say ok and we hang up, he is here!

 
While going through the move out of the woods, we went into a hotel. It was our home for several weeks, before we could get into our new home, and I did have a chance to knit!! These socks are finished, but here is the picture of them in progress. I love these new socks! I knit them from the toe up and used the magic loop technique, instead of double point needles.

 
 My birthday was in January, and this year Jeff decided to take me to Galveston for my gift!!!! I love Galveston and I love the beach. It was a great trip and a wonderful gift. We left late on a Tuesday evening. We drove down I45 all the way onto Galveston Island.  Before we arrived in Galveston we had to drive through Houston.  When we made it to Houston, it was dark and this was our view of the city as we arrived and drove through. Isn't it gorgeous, lit up against the cloudy sky with the moon poking through?
 
A friend of mine was able to take a trip to Austria this fall and when she returned, she brought a gift to me!!! What do you buy a knitter and crocheter? Yarn! I love this yarn. I did start a pair of socks, but after talking to my friend Debbie, she suggested a Kwoosh which is a free pattern on Ravelry. You can click on the word Kwoosh and see the pattern. It is a scarf, and I am less likely to wear out the precious yarn wearing it as a scarf, as opposed to socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment