Monday, July 31, 2017

Finished Projects and New Pattern

Soooo, this vest has been on the needles for so long, that I really don't know when I started it. LOL! I put January 2016 on my Ravelry project page, but I am not totally sure. It was at least then, maybe 2015.  I joined a Free The Needles KAL with the MySistersKnitter Ravelry group and this is one of my UFO's that I decided HAD to get done.
 
There isn't a pattern for this vest. I took another vest, which fit well, and measured it. Then did a gauge swatch and the math to make the same size vest. This was a bit tricky, in that I was using a loose gauge and then knitting sideways, so the knitting will stretch and change the gauge.  The vest is long, which I like and it is a bit oversize, but I like that too!
 
 
Above is the front, below the back. I did crochet an edging around the neck, down the center front and along the bottom edge. I then added the crocheted lace to the bottom edge.


Another project that I finished, and gave me another set of  emptied needles was the Find Your Fade! I am excited for cooler weather( I know, I live in TX and it is July.... sigh), when I can wrap up in this shawl. It is made from sock weight yarns and feels cozy. Because it is sock weight, I can wear it as a scarf. Here's hoping for a cold winter this year!!

 
Yarns for both of the above projects were in the stash! I didn't have to buy yarn for either one of them.
 
Below is a new pattern. It should be listed on Ravelry in the next couple of days. The pattern will include the directions for a larger hand towel, a medium sized hand towel, a trivet(for under a hot pot and a washcloth. These can be a quick gift to make for someone special, or spoil yourself and make them for you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment