Saturday, May 16, 2009


When I was a child, one of my most favorite books had actually been my Mom's. It was the Sunbonnet Babies Book, by Eulalie Osgood Grover. I remember reading this book, a 2 dimensional item, and turning and turning it trying to see their faces. :) I would sit there and try to will it into a 3 dimensional item, so I could slip their hats back and see a cute little face. But, alas, it never worked.
I still have this book and it is the one pictured here. The edition I have was printed in 1928.
Is it any wonder that when I came across this picture on the internet, that I, a spinner and knitter, thought it absolutely a fabulous picture?? Here it is, Sunbonnet Babies, spinning and stitching!

Now how cool is that?

3 comments:

  1. That is so neat that you still have that book that belonged to your mother. And then to find a link to what you do now. That is WAY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most intricate cross stitch projects I've ever done (not saying much) is two sunbonnet babies feeding chickens. I loved that so much, even before I had my own chickens! It hangs in Emma's room, but I may have to steal it back --she doesn't love it like I do! It does remind me of my grandma!

    ReplyDelete