Saturday, October 24, 2009

Walking and Knitting


I like to walk. If I lived in a city, I would walk to the store, if they were close. Close would mean about 1 mile or so. Where I live the closest grocery store is almost 5 miles, so I take the car. Anyway, I like to walk. In the mornings I can be seen walking in our neighborhood. In Texas, we love wildflowers. Some folks will call them weeds, but here we acknowledge them for their flowers. The ones that are indigenous to our area, can withstand our heat and droughts. This very pretty little flower pictured here came off of one of those wildflower plants. It was growing up near the road. I picked it thinking it looked like a miniature daisy. But, when I arrived home and put on my glasses, I realized there was a subtle lavender coloring to the edge of the leaves. I just had to show it to you. The flower in real life is about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. The little pot it is in was made by the UPS Store guy in a Pottery class that he had in college.

I bet you thought that I was going to talk about walking and knitting at the same time. Well, I would love to be coordinated enough to do that, but I am not. Not yet, anyway. I knew someone that told me, that I should knit socks and walk. Using the magic loop technique, I wouldn't drop stitches.




On the knitting front, I have been finishing up some projects. I did knit a pair of gloves for my mom, from my handspun yarn. But, I forgot to take a picture of them to share. I did use the magic loop method and did two at a time, until I got to the fingers. Then I took them off the long circular needle and used the double point needles for the fingers.


I made the gingerbread man, too. He will be going on etsy this week. He is from cotton. Actually, from 100% USA cotton. He stands about 10 inches tall.

I also made the cute poncho and hat set for a friend who had a baby girl. They live in Houston TX, so I made it from cotton.

1 comment:

  1. A weed is something that is growing where it's not supposed to... so corn growing in a wheatfield would be a weed! Therefore, pretty flowers growing in country grasses = not weeds :)

    If anyone could walk and knit, it would be you!

    The gingerbread baby is cute!

    ReplyDelete