Friday, October 2, 2009

Western Days and Knitting Projects


Last Saturday, when the UPS Store guy got off work, we went to Western Days in Lewisville. We had a good time walking around and looking at everything. One thing we saw was a mechanical, bucking bronco. Notice it in the top picture, in front of City Hall. There is a man, in a blue shirt, poised and ready to lift that lever in the back to give the rider the ride of his life.
Earlier in the day there had been a car show. We showed up in time to see several of the cars, before they left. This is an all time favorite car of mine. The original Camaro.


The veterans were there too. This is a great memorial, that says it all.
It was a 95 degree day, a hot day for September, even in north Texas. Needless to say, we were a little warm walking around in the sun. But, it is always fun to go and do something different.

On the knitting front, I have been working on some slouch hats. Here is one that I just listed on etsy. I used my handspun art yarn for this hat. It is really soft and I just love the colors!
Then my newest finished pattern is for these glove-lettes. I saw some in a magazine and thought, what a cute idea for a pattern. So, here they are. I have them listed on etsy too.
The gloves are made on size US 8 needles, using worsted weight yarn.







No comments:

Post a Comment