Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lazy Katy Finished

I have finished my Lazy Katy. Actually, I finished it last week, but it has taken until today to get it blocked. Here it is blocking. I love how it looks blocking. To me it looks very dramatic.

I don't have blocking boards, yet, so I am using two old bath towels on the floor. I place the pins through the towels and into the carpet. :) Of course, if you have small children, you wouldn't want to do this in a room where they have access. But, I don't have little ones here, so I can get away with doing this in my studio.

The directions for the pattern say you can use either size 8 US or size 9 US needles with the fingering/sock weight yarn. I used size 8 US. I did have just a bit of yarn left over, for which I am glad. Several knitters on Ravelry ran out and that wouldn't have been fun. But, I did have a second skein of the same dye lot, so I would have been OK. It took me just under 420 yards of yarn. Below is the left over yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment