Friday, July 19, 2013

Lemon Cookies and Potholders

A while ago, we came across this great potholder pattern in my Texas Twisters hand spinning (yarn) group. When looking at the pattern, we discovered that it was written in Norwegian.  Oh, boy...... One of the members of the group, Laurie, was smart enough to look at the picture and figure it out and started mass producing them.  :) They are soooo pretty. 

Well, I took the pattern, Grytekluter - a potholder by Anne Paalandet, and put it into the google translater.  It sort of worked and I am able to make them now too.  They are so much fun to make and you can use any color combination that you wish. Which is why they can be addicting, I am getting to play with more color!!

The link for the pattern, is on Ravelry. It is a free pattern, but you will have to translate it. She has a translate button on it now.




In 1982, my Grandma's church put out a cookbook.  You know the kind, the ones with everyone's favorite recipe?  So, they are all wonderful!!  Well, here it is.  I must say, I didn't realize how used it looked, until I took the picture. LOL!
This last winter, I did ask the UPS Store guy to rebind it for me and he did so happily.  :)


I have been listening to some mystery books on CD, that I have checked out of the library.  They are Joanne Fluke books.  Well, our heroine owns a cookie shop!!!  Nothing worse than that, I end up craving cookies.  So, yesterday I broke down and went looking, in this book, for a new recipe that I hadn't tried yet.

This one was really good and I thought I would post it here for all to try.

Stir and Drop Cookies

2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cups oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp grated lemon rind
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Into beaten eggs, stir oil, vanilla and lemon rind. Blend until mixture is thick the 3/4 cup sugar. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into other ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 375 F until light brown. 10 - 12 minutes.

Just a hint: I have discovered, that if I cut my lemon in wedges and put it in the freezer, that it is easier to grate it for the zest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment