Monday, July 20, 2009

Mystery KAL with She-Knits

Last Monday, my friend Liz came over to knit. We have decided to get together every other week to work on our projects. Last week was at my house and next week we'll be at her house.

We are both doing the She-Knits Mystery Knit Along on Ravelry. So, when she arrived and said she was going to be working on her bag, I laughed and said, me too! You can see that we both bought the same colorwise kit, as well as a couple of our other friends did too. In working the bag, who's name is now Emma, we were given the option of doing a fair isle design or striping the bottom section of the sides. We both had chosen the fair isle. But, for the pockets, I chose stripes. We were running short of the yellow yarn, so by choosing the striped pockets, I had enough yellow, to bind off the top of the bag. So, on Monday I ripped out my purple bind off and knitted one row with the yellow and then did the bind off.

That night I was able to sew the pockets onto the bag and JoJo wanted to show it to you.

There you have it, to the end of Clue #4.
Clue # 5 is out and I am working on it. We are doing the handles now. This is the last clue and then the bag will be felted.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!!
    I still don't think I'd want to make something without knowing what it would look like before I started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have i told you that I just love JoJo? That is such a cool idea - having her show off your stuff. She is too cute! Love your bag too. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, I always figured, if I didn't like it I could give it to you or Anna. LOL!!!

    THANKS! Terri.

    ReplyDelete