Friday, September 24, 2010

New Yarns

There comes a time in every handspinners life, when you look into the closet of yarn and think, "Did I spin ALL that????!!!!" And you think to yourself, yep, you sure did. Sometimes there is more than you can ever possibly knit, crochet, or weave in a lifetime.

So, what do you do with it?
Well, some put it right back where it came from. One spinning friend I had put it in a book case with glass doors, to decorate her home. Some, like my friend Fibergeek, layed it all over her living room floor to figure out how best to use it. She already has a woven ruana finished!

Well, in sorting through mine, I thought that I might list a bunch of it in my TerrificCreations etsy boutique. So, I have been doing just that. It is great yarn and I love it all. I have had fun spinning it, too.

I have discovered something really cool. If I am emptying out the bins of yarn and fiber, there is room for NEW STUFF. :) So, that is a wonderful idea. I will be working on new yarns now and refilling the bins and refilling etsy.

Here is one of those handspun yarns. I purchased the handpainted roving from CordovaStudios and spun it into a great yarn.




Next is an upcycled, recycled, eco friendly, or whatever term you like to use. I took silk fabric and cut it and spun it into yarn, then I dyed it the luscious teal green color that you see.


No comments:

Post a Comment