Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Stuff

1. Well, here is one of my newest household items. This is like the song from the movie/play Oklahoma, "Slowly, slowly, he sank into the sea." You see slowly, slowly, we remodel the house. :) We did purchase a fixer upper, I think I said that before. In the beginning of February, the light bulbs burned out in the tacky looking(in my opinion) lamp over the kitchen sink. So, when we went to Lowe's to get more bulbs, we left with a new lamp!!!! We arrived home from Lowe's, the UPS Store guy installed it, and we turned it on. LIGHT! and problem. The cute Folk Art looking navy blue shades were different dye lots. gag. I couldn't live with it, really. So, back we went. They didn't have anymore shades. We tried another Lowe's and their shades were chipped. So, we went with the other blue shades, which really are very pretty(in my opinion).


2. Let me introduce you to Ruthie Grace. Ruthie came to live in our home, most importantly my studio, a couple of months ago. She came to live with Doris, Cathy, Crayon, and Joy and the Traveller(who doesn't have a name yet). I figure since I have Cathy, after my SIL, and Doris, after my mom's neighbor, that it is time for Ruthie, after my mom. :) God has had grace and mercy for me again, hence the Grace portion of her name.


Ruthie Grace is a Schacht Matchless spinning wheel. She was made in Colorado, USA. The wood work on her is gorgeous and I am very excited to have her.
Well, as I see it, since I have 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters, I need 4 more wheels so they can all have family names. :) Watch for it. LOL! Oh, and I have nieces and other sisters-in-law too........

No comments:

Post a Comment