Sunday, August 14, 2011

Windowpane and Teeny Tiny

Here are some of the knitting projects that I haven't posted on here, because they were made for shower gifts.  Below is a picture of the Windowpane Sweater. It takes one large skein of sock weight yarn, about 450 yards. 

Here's the back. The yarn is self-striping, so the color work came from the yarn changing colors, not anything that I did.


The pattern is found in this book which is found here.

The second project, that I finished, is this one. It is from my Teeny Tiny Baby Sweater and Hat pattern.  The sweater and hat are included in the pattern, which can be found in my etsy shop. The cute little booties are from a free pattern that I found on the internet, called Little Footies. The pattern can be found on Ravelry.


When I was knitting the hat, I wanted to somehow add a little embellishment to it. I kept asking myself, what can you embellish onto a boys hat?  My mind is so geared to girls, since I have 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. I thought, what if I knit a little patch, that the button can be sewn to. So, that is what I did. I then stitched the finished patch to the hat, with the other color yarn from the sweater and then sewed the button to all the layers.


2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I can't wait to see the model in the new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little tab makes all the difference! Gorgeous color choices too.

    ReplyDelete