Friday, November 19, 2010

The Color Purple

You know, I knit so much that I forget, sometimes, that I really do like to crochet. So, when my friend, Peggy, announced that she was going to be a Grandma, I was really, really excited. I think that being a Grandma is really a lot of fun and a blessing.

I decided right away, that I wanted to make something special for her little granddaughter. I went looking in the filing cabinet(yep a filing cabinet) and found a great pattern. I used to crochet this pinafore for my own girls, and for gifts, years ago.

I used a nice cotton yarn, worsted weight, so it will be nice for Texas weather and soft to her skin.



After I was done, I thought that I should make some little bloomers to go with it. My friend, Kay, and I went into JoAnn's Fabric and found this fabric. It basically jumped off the shelf at us and said, use me! So, I did. I finished the seams with French seams, too.



One of Peggy's favorite colors is purple. Since she is the Grandma, I thought it appropriate for her granddaughter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment