Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day and More

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

We started out our day, driving down I-35 from our home to The Texas Motor Speedway. Run For Grub, was being held there and our daughters, both runners, decided it would be fun to have mom and dad participate too. :) I must admit, I thought it was a great idea. However, we had 84 F or so for a high temp on Wednesday and it was about 43 at the race track, plus windchill when we arrived. Admission was 5 cans of food for local food banks. So, we trecked on down to the track.


Food was going into the green trailer. Everything was VERY well organized, too. Here's proof that we were there. The UPS STORE guy and our daughters.
Me and our daughters. I wore my woolen handknits and stayed plenty warm, even with the wind chill.

It was really fun to be able to be down on the infield of the track. The girls ran the track and we walked. It was a lot of fun and I think we will do it again next year.
So, here is another really funny video from you-tube. Even though you may not weave, you will enjoy this. All of the items used are necessary to weaving cloth, although, don't need as many of them. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment