Friday, July 9, 2010

Knitting and Spinning

Lately, I have been busy knitting baby items. Here is a baby dress. The size is up to 6 months. This morning, I was able to get the pictures edited and put up into my etsy shop, TerrificCreations. This was fun to knit and I really do like how it came out.


On Ravelry, there is a Tour De Fleece happening. We are spinning our wheels in support for the bicyclers in the Tour de France. :) Truthfully, I think they have the harder job, but I am having a lot of fun. There are teams for this. I am on Team Coffee and Chocolate. (we figured we needed these two food groups to be successful) The discussion on our team is happening under the group of Texas Twisters.

We were to challenge ourselves in our spinning projects. I thought that a good challenge for me, was to spin EVERY day. So, that is what I am trying to do. So far, I have made it. Well, the first day, I almost missed, because midnight came to quickly. But, I went and spun before I went to bed, so I consider that the first day still.

I have been able to finish a large spinning project that I think I started in February. It is 2 lbs of fiber and I spun it at about a worsted weight yarn and plied it. I have 1700 yards!! Plenty for a sweater. It is a gorgeous dark teal color.






Now, I am working on the RED. I have some red mohair curls and I am adding the curls to the wool fiber as I spin. By holding the curls up to the spinning wool, the curl will catch into the wool and be fluffy. Here is my red yarn, so far.




Another knitting project has been, another Playtime Sweater. I think I have knitted it 3 times now.


1 comment:

  1. Georgeous dress........and wonderful yarn you are creating.

    You have been a busy girl spinning...I have been trying to finish two knitting projects and need to get back to my spinning...Miss it

    ReplyDelete